Auction Terms & Conditions Russum's Furniture LLC
TERMS OF SALE
1. BIDDER INSPECTION IS EXTREMELY ENCOURAGED: In the publishing of this catalog, Russum's Furniture LLC, has strived to accurately describe all items being sold. However, all items offered for sale are sold strictly "as is". It is the bidder's responsibility whether bidding in person, by phone, or by computer to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in this catalog, the bill of sale, the invoice, or elsewhere, made by any representative of or person in the employ of Russum's Furniture LLC, shall be deemed a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance, or historical relevance of any items sold. Any such matters are strictly matters of opinion. In cataloging, every effort has been made to accurately describe major faults, repairs, etc., for all items. If a potential bidder wishes to use an independent agent, both parties are bound by the same terms of sale stated here
2. The auctioneer will be the final judge as to who is the highest bidder. In the event of any dispute, the auctioneer shall, at his discretion, decide whether or not to reopen the bidding.
3. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the auctioneer's "Hammer". The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility for the lot purchased once the title has passed.
4. As a service to our customers who cannot attend the sale in person, Russum's Furniture LLC, will execute absentee bids if so authorized. All absentee bids must be submitted with a 20% deposit. All lots purchased for absentee bidders will be done so at the lowest possible price regardless of the amount of the bid. In event of a tie between absentee bidders and those present at the auction, preference will be given to the attending bidder. In the event of a tie between absentee bidders, preference will be given to the first absentee bid submitted. Absentee bidders should use the form provided and clearly mark the lot number, description, and maximum bid with the understanding that a buyer's premium will be added onto the "hammer price". The buyer's premium is discounted for attendee bidders, if said bidder pays by cash or approved, prompt check. Payment must be made immediately. In the event that items purchased by absentee bid are not fully paid for within 30 days, the 20% deposit will be forfeited and the item will be resold at our discretion.
5. Russum's Furniture LLC recommends reliable shipping firms for all items of a fragile, expensive, or large nature. The successful absentee bidder is ultimately responsible for arranging the packing, shipping, and insuring of items purchased. Since professional shipping can be expensive, please factor that in to your final bids.
6. All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale.
7. Payment may be in the form of cash, approved check, or credit card. We reserve the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until such check has cleared the bank. The buyer must pay Maryland sales tax unless exemption is allowed under Maryland state law. All buyers with sales tax numbers must fill out a blanket certificate and provide a copy of their tax exempt certificate. Maryland state law dictates that all purchases under $200 is taxable if possession of the item is taken within the state of Maryland. All items shipped out of state are exempt from Maryland state sales tax.
8. Russum's Furniture LLC is not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog. Photographs in this catalog are of the actual object being sold. However, exact condition of the objects being offered is their condition at the time of the sale.
9. An 18% buyer's premium will be applied to all Purchases (discounted to 15% for payment with cash or approved check).
10. All sales are final. All sales are AS - IS , WHERE - IS. No refunds of any type.
11. The act of bidding on any lot offered in the sale is an indication of the bidder's acceptance of these Terms of Sale.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms