Auction Terms & Conditions Terms and Conditions
By registering to bid online with Eastern Shore Auctions, Inc., Bidders agree to the following Terms & Conditions for all auctions. Terms may vary based on State, Local, Federal and Consignor regulations.
1. By registering to bid at Eastern Shore Auctions, Inc., (ESA) you agree to close the transaction pursuant to the terms and conditions of sale.
2. Registration: By registering with ESA, you agree to hold harmless ESA, its owner and any Consignor against any claim or liability resulting from items sold, including but not limited to: proximate or consequential damages, failure to comply with local, state or federal laws, and cost or legal expenses arising there from. Auctioneers and Consignors liability shall be limited to the refund of Bidders purchase price.
3. Required Bidding Information: Bidders are required to submit current and accurate information including a valid full name, address, email address, credit card and phone number. Bidder must be 18 years of age or older, and is required to register for each auction. Eastern Shore Auctions, Inc., (ESA) reserves the right to reject registration to any person or entity. Bidder is responsible for security of his/her bidding number/user name and password, and any and all bids placed under the assigned number/ID. Auctioneer should be notified immediately if Bidder believes his/her bid number, account and/or password have been compromised.
4. Bidding: The highest Bidder shall be the buyer at the hammer price and any dispute shall be settled at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion. In Case of BIDDING ERRORS, prior to auction closing, the Bidder must immediately contact our office at 443-235-5717 or email to email@example.com. Corrections will be reviewed and altered at the discretion of the Auctioneer. Review all bids before submitting. NO bids will be reversed after the auction has begun closing. NOTE: If you are not comfortable or willing to register online which includes placing a credit card on file on our Secure Web server you may enter bids in person by contacting the auctioneer. Bids must be in writing and are legally binding. A valid credit card will be required when the bid is placed. Valid Identification will also be required if you are unknown to the Auction Co. We will upload the bids placed by you on your behalf onto the online bidding server.
5. Bidder Termination: ESA reserves the right to terminate any registration, deny any person for any reason permission or access to bid, to reject any and all bids, and to suspend or ban a Bidder from bidding. Bidder registration is not transferable or assignable.
6. Sales Tax: When applicable, MD sales tax (6%) will be charged on all items. If you are tax exempt as reseller or non-profit entity, a current tax exempt or resale exemption certificate must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the auction closing date. If the certificate is not received and confirmed, the invoice will be charged sales tax and the Bidder will need to apply for the refund from the state of Maryland (or the state where the item is located). For motor vehicles purchases the Buyer is responsible for paying sales tax directly to the State.
7. Buyer's Premium: A buyer's premium is an industry standard fee added to each invoice and is calculated as follows: 15% is added to each purchase paid by credit card. (For example, if you bid $100.00 on an item and are the winning Bidder, your invoice will be charged $100.00 plus a 15% buyer's premium of $15.00 for a total of $115.00. Applicable sales tax may apply.
8. Billing: Invoices are immediately billed to the credit card on file following auction closing. Bidders wanting to pay cash or check must notify ESA by phone at 443-235-5717 or by e-mail at email@example.com by 8:00 am the morning following bid closing. Forms of payment accepted are MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, Certified funds, Cash, or pre-approved check. All returned checks will be charged a $45 processing fee. Bidders must have an active credit card on file with the appropriate credit limit for the items being bid. All transactions are in U.S. Dollars. If any Bidder fails to complete their transaction or pick up items within the specified time frame, the Auctioneer and its Consignor may offer the item to another Bidder. If a Bidder fails to complete a transaction, they will be barred from future ESA, Inc. Auctions until all transactions are completed.
9. Site Safety: All Bidders enter the auction site at their own risk. Any accident or harm caused is not the responsibility of ESA, the Auctioneer, or Consignor. No children or pets are allowed at the auction site during inspection or removal.
10. Pick-Up: Removal of items (pickup) will take place during a specific date and time determined by ESA and its Consignor. A paid receipt or proper ID is required from anyone picking up purchased items. Bidders are responsible for the safe, timely removal of their items and for knowing site conditions, bringing tools, equipment and assistance required to remove items. Removal of all items purchased are at the expense, liability, and risk of the winning Bidder.
11. No Warranty Implied: All items are sold "AS IS", "WHERE IS", "WHEN AVAILABLE" and with "NO WARRANTY" of any kind expressed or implied as to any item's condition, quality, or value. Descriptions are believed to be accurate, but not guaranteed. Inspection of items prior to auction closing will be posted on the auction information page with dates, time, and location of inspection. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the items description, photo, defect, or anything wrong with the asset item. Bidders are bidding on the described item, not the photo, do not assume a lot consists of multiple items if pictured together. Photos may be a representation of an actual item. Bidders are responsible for personally inspecting item numbers and reading all descriptions prior to placing bids. No refunds will be awarded for errors in the item's description, photo or defect. It is the Bidder's sole responsibility to value the item they are bidding on and to inspect the item before bidding.
12. Abandoned items: If a Bidder fails to remove an item within allowed time frame, ESA reserves the right to deem the item abandoned by the Bidder and the winning Bidder will lose any amount paid and any rights to that item and will be held responsible for any fees incurred for transportation and/or storage expense associated with the abandoned item. Items left at an ESA auction site will incur storage charges.
13. Reserve: ESA and its Consignors may place a reserve or minimum bid on any item. The reserve amount may or may not be displayed. ESA and its Auctioneer reserve the right to reject bids for any reason. When reserve is not met the Auctioneer will immediately notify the high bidder to make the high bid offer, the Consignor can Accept or reject the offer.
14. Changes in Auction or Schedule: ESA and our Consignor have the right to add or delete items from any auction or split or combine lots within an auction; suspend, cancel, reschedule, or extend any individual item and/or auction event and make changes to the auction starting/closing times, inspection, and removal dates and/or times.
15. Consignors: ESA acts as an agent to the Consignor and assumes no liability or responsibility for actions, principles or decisions made by the Consignor if withdrawing an item or making changes prior to the auction closing.
16. Shipping & Delivery: ESA, Inc. does not offer shipping. However, shipping is available through the local UPS Store located at 1147 S Salisbury Blvd Ste 8, Salisbury, MD 21801 telephone number (410) 749-5070. ESA has no affiliation with the UPS store or with fees charged for pick-up or shipping. The UPS Store is only offered as a viable shipping solution, the bidder may contact any shipper of their choice. If a firearm is purchased at auction, it will be shipped according to regulations enforced by the US Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). The firearm will be shipped from a FFL to another FFL in your State.
17. Vehicle Purchases: If a vehicle is purchased and paid for in cash, the title will be provided to the buyer on auction day. If payment is made by approved check or credit card, the title will be mailed when the check clears or after the credit card transaction is compete. This could take up to 10 days.
18. ESA Online Auctions are Considered a Soft Closing: The closing of an auction operates on a staggered basis. Bidding typically begins closing for the first item at 5:00 PM EST, then typically closes every thirty to sixty seconds thereafter to the last item in catalog order. This rate may be higher than 2 per minute depending on the structure of the auction. If a bid is received in the last minute of an auction, an extra minute will be added to that lot and that lot only to allow additional time for people to bid. The remaining lots behind that lot will continue to close as scheduled unless someone bids in the last minute on that specific lot as well. This process will continue until all bidding has ceased and no one bids within the additional minute that was added. Review all bids before they are submitted.